Comments Welcome--here are the rules

Comments will not contain profanity or symbols within words which anyone can figure out what profane word you're talking about. If I can't edit out your profanity, then your comment will be deleted. Racially derogatory statements and statements of hate will also be deleted. No advertising is allowed at this time. If you disagree with my comments, then respectfully provide your input. I won't be calling you unflattering names and I expect the same respect from you.



Sincerely,

Mark Hughes

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Follow-up to Muskogee's "family friendly" newspaper

As promised, I called the Muskogee Phoenix publisher on Monday and left a voice mail.  Here it is almost Thursday and no return phone call.  In my voice mail I pointed out Sunday's letter to the editor by Mr. Parsons who used the vile term "tea bagger" and "bagger" to refer to the Republican Party and Tea Party supporters. 

I told the publisher that I doubted the Phoenix would (or could) publish a letter to the editor that specifically defined what a 'tea bagger' was since the definition is so sexually explicit.  So if the Phoenix wouldn't/couldn't publish the definition of the word 'tea bagger,' then how can they allow the word being defined to be used seven times in a letter to the editor?

I'll call again on Thursday and see if I can actually speak to the publisher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment