Comments Welcome--here are the rules

Comments will not contain profanity or symbols within words which anyone can figure out what profane word you're talking about. If I can't edit out your profanity, then your comment will be deleted. Racially derogatory statements and statements of hate will also be deleted. No advertising is allowed at this time. If you disagree with my comments, then respectfully provide your input. I won't be calling you unflattering names and I expect the same respect from you.



Sincerely,

Mark Hughes

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Still trying to contact Muskogee Phoenix publisher

Well, I called the Muskogee Phoenix publisher again on Thursday (it could have been Friday) and left another voice mail asking about the letter to the editor that used the words "tea bagger" or "bagger" seven times in last Sunday's Phoenix (Larry Parsons was the writer).

Guess I'd better check and see if he was at work any last week though you'd think the wouldn't have transferred me to his phone if he wasn't and his voice mail said he'd get "right back" to you.

Did, however, talk to the editor/opinion editor about that letter to the editor.  He claimed that this was the first time he knew what the definition of "tea bagger" was.  I informed him that it was all over CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, the Internet, etc.  Again, he said he tries to keep up with all the latest "bad" language.   So I recommended he add 'tea bagger' to his "don't publish" list of words/phrases.

Somehow I don't think he appreciated my phone call.  Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment